7 Time World Champion Model Lewis Hamilton Winner Turkish GP 2020 in 1:18 Scale by Minichamps
This exquisite model is hand painted and polished to a beautiful finish.
Who would have thought anyone would have come close to Michael Schumacher's record of seven Formula 1 World Championships - and now Lewis Hamilton has equalled it.
Lewis Hamilton's win at the Turkish Grand Prix secured his seventh championship after previous successes in 2008, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The Briton already holds the record number for most pole positions and earlier this season overtook Schumacher's total of 91 F1 race wins.
- In terms of championships, Hamilton is now the joint most successful driver of all time, level with Schumacher on seven titles.
- A seventh win takes Hamilton two clear of Argentine legend Juan Manuel Fangio on the all-time leaderboard. Fangio won five titles in the 1950s.
- This is a fourth consecutive title for Hamilton (2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020). The record of consecutive F1 championships belongs to Schumacher, who swept all before him in securing five title wins on the bounce between 2000 and 2004.
- It is also Hamilton's sixth title in seven years. Hamilton's dominance was interrupted by Nico Rosberg - his Mercedes team-mate - pipping him to the championship by five points in 2016.
- The only other driver currently racing who has won more than a single championship is Sebastian Vettel on four.